Child and Pet Safe Window Treatments
Window treatments are essential for any home, and they play a crucial role in the look and atmosphere of your rooms. But are you aware of the hidden dangers that your window treatments may represent to you or your family?
When purchasing window treatments for your home, the safety of your family should play a major role in your decision-making process.
The Hidden Dangers of Window Treatments for Children and Pets
Children and pets are innately curious about the world around them. So, even basic household items like window treatments can turn into potential hazards for them.
Exposed cords may look like fun toys to young children. Children can become tangled in them without intending to.
- Children can strangle themselves when they wrap the cord around their necks by accident or become trapped in the looped cord.
- Children can pull out an exposed inner cord and become entangled or face strangulation hazards. They can also strangle themselves by placing their necks in the opening between the fabric and the cord.
What should you do to make your home safe?
- Move all furniture, cribs, beds and other furniture away from windows.
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Check your current window treatments for exposed or dangling cords.
- Make sure tasseled pull cords are as short as possible. Continuous-loop pull cords on draperies and vertical blinds should be pulled tight and anchored to the floor or wall.
- Be sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit inner-cord movement.
- Keep all window cords well out of the reach of children.
Accidents with window treatment cords often involve older products that do not conform to current safety standards. We strongly encourage you to retrofit or replace corded window treatments with current safer designs.
Cordless Window Treatments are the safest choice for all your windows
Cordless products mean greater peace of mind for homes with children and pets and you’ll love the easy-to-work cordless lift system to give you the light control and privacy your home needs. Cordless products are also the #1 choice of both design pros and safety councils. Why? Beautiful form, beautiful function.
Most of our products are available with cordless operation, many of which eliminate visible cords.
There are multiple cordless control options, such as Motorization Cordless, Cordless Life & Lock and TouchLift that enhance the safety of window treatments to help protect your children and pets.
Motorized blinds are 100% cord and chain free and are the safe and convenient solution for all members of your family, two and four-legged alike.
Child Proof Window Treatments Offer Safety and Beauty to Your Home
Keep your children and pets safe by installing beautiful, modern cordless window treatments that will brighten your windows throughout the year.
Are you ready to make your home safe for your children and pets?! Let us help you make a smart decision and help transform your home into a safe haven for you and your family!
Give us a call at 262-643-8484 and set up a complementary consultation to learn more about child safety options.