Choosing Window Treatments for Your Baby’s Nursery
Designing the perfect nursery for you and your precious baby can be a daunting task, regardless of whether you are prepared to splurge on designer items or you are on a tight budget. You want to create a calm soothing atmosphere for when you and baby are up in the middle of the night, but also a fun room for your little one to arrive to.
But it’s not just about color choice, furniture options or a cute theme—it’s also about safety, noise-proofing, light control and comfort.
Here are some things to consider when choosing window treatments for your baby’s room:
- Safety: Choosing window treatments without cords and ties is important to a child’s safety, as cords and ties pose a strangulation hazard.
- Functionality: Every parent knows one of the biggest challenges with small children is sleep. The right window treatments help keep the light out to keep the snoozes coming.
- Style: Today’s nurseries aren’t just functional places for baby to sleep—they’re a stylish extension of your home’s décor. Window treatments have just as much variety as wall color and baby furniture, so you can easily match form and function.
What are the Best Window Treatments for Your Baby’s Nursery?
Shades are a perfect choice with innovative features, contemporary styling, carefree maintenance and stunning designs. Cord-free shades are also one of the safer choices. Here are three popular options.
- Cordless cellular shades deliver year-round insulation and privacy and come in several light-filtering and blackout opacities.
- Roman shades without accessible cords add a softened look to windows. They come in many colors and fabrics, and their light-blocking capabilities are a bonus for day-sleeping little ones.
- Roller shades add a touch of elegance and an uncluttered appearance to nurseries. This budget-friendly, cordless option comes in fabrics that help control glare and heat penetration. And solar roller shades allow light to move into a room while still blocking UV rays that otherwise could damage furniture and fabrics.
Draperies allow you to bring a timeless look and feel to a baby’s nursery, while adding a soft and warm accent to the room. You can also choose from many color options, making it easy to find window treatments to match any nursery’s theme or color scheme.
Draperies with blackout liners can cast a room in near-complete darkness, a great option for daytime naps.
Wood shutters deliver a practical and beautiful alternative to many traditional window treatments. They can be fine-tuned to allow light to enter a nursery even when the shutters are closed. They also require minimal maintenance, guaranteeing that they will maintain their quality and appearance for an extended period of time.
As you design your baby’s nursery, remember that window treatments are an important factor to consider. Enhance the room’s style and comfort with the right window treatments, and make the nursery a haven for the newest, most treasured member of your family.
Give us a call at: 262-643-8484 to set up a complementary consultation and let us help you find the perfect recipe for your nursery windows.