Refresh Your Window Treatments for Fall
Today is the last day of August, so Fall is right around the corner. The changing of the season is the perfect time to give your home a little refresh.
Since you want this to be a somewhat manageable task, we’re not talking about refreshing every window!
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Which window in your home needs the most attention and would make the biggest impact?
- Maybe you have a window in need in a room you never got around to finishing, those dreaded temporary blinds still hanging, or you realize your bedroom could benefit from a heavier drape instead of sheers.
- Have you changed your window treatments from when you moved in?
- Did the previous owners have terrible taste in style?
- Have you redesigned your interior but not yet the window treatments?
Personalize Your Windows
With your choice of fabrics, colors, accessories, and hardware – the possibilities are endless to make your window treatments fit your vision.
Fabric is such a great way to breathe new life into a room. Just as the clothes we wear change from season to season, the same could be said for the fabrics in our home.
Heavier materials like velvet or wool are great for fall and winter because they’re warm and insulating. Just as when it’s time to usher in spring, lighter-weight fabrics or sheers are better suited.
While fabric type and texture are good guides as you think about seasonal changes, pattern and color should also be considered.
You don’t have to sacrifice beauty for function. Energy efficient window treatments can give you the best of both worlds and can save your furniture from fading.
Cellular shades are the best and most energy efficient window coverings available. They use a series of cell pockets to trap air around your windows, keeping your rooms warm in the winter and cool in the summer. The cells use a unique design shape similar to a honeycomb and are often referred to as honeycomb shades.
They look gorgeous and increase the elegance of your home, but also are designed to reduce heat loss, keep your home cooler, and lower energy bills.
Are you ready to go from drab to fab with new window treatments this fall?
Give us a call at 262-643-8484 and schedule your complementary consultation before the leaves fall!