Why we love Honeycomb Shades
Choosing the perfect window treatments can be a daunting task. With so many options available, homeowners often shy away from even beginning the process. But that’s why we’re here. So, today we are going to shine the spotlight on one of our favorite window treatments – Honeycomb Shades, also known as Cellular Shades.
If you’d like to combine privacy and energy efficiency, Honeycomb Shades are a great choice.
Superior Light Control and Privacy
Honeycomb Shades are one of the most versatile and innovative window coverings in today’s market. These shades feature a unique pleated honeycomb construction to provide both fashion and superior energy efficiency. Raise and lower the shade as needed for light control and privacy with a pull cord, cordless feature or motorized options. No cord holes are visible.
The durable, washable, polyester fabric is available in a wide range of colors and textures in various cell sizes, and in various opacities, from sheer to total blackout. They can roll down from the top to let in sun, while providing privacy at the bottom.
Light and Privacy Control Options
Honeycomb Shades are Energy Efficient
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) claims that windows account for 25-40% of a home’s annual heating and cooling costs. Older windows can let in drafts during the winter and excessive heat during the summer, and this is one of the reasons why your energy bills can quickly skyrocket out of control. Even newer windows can struggle to offer complete energy efficiency. Fortunately, you have a tool to help you better regulate your home’s temperature and minimize energy loss – Honeycomb Shades.
Their insulating cell construction helps restrict the outside air, keeping both you and your home warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Honeycomb shades provide cost-saving energy efficiency that will help the planet and your pocketbook.
An Option for Everyone
Whatever your home’s challenge, we can meet it. Whether you need ease of positioning in tall windows, or versatility for special-shaped windows – there’s an option for you.
- Superior insulators – the most energy efficient window covering available on the market
- Honeycomb shape traps air inside, keeping a room cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter
- No route holes or exposed strings, offering a streamlined appearance
- Cellular shades are able to cover large areas with a solid piece of fabric. Fabric sizes up to 144” wide with no visible seams
- Great application for arches or specialty shapes
- Unique lifting options available (top-down/bottom-up, cordless, motorized, etc.)
- Made of a woven polyester fabric treated to resist stains and static electricity, making them easy to clean, with edges that won’t fray
- Very durable – the polyester fabric bounces back and holds its pleats for a tight stacking
- Excellent selection if a blackout treatment is desired
- Fabric is neutral on the back side, providing a nice, consistent look from the home’s exterior
Thinking about Cellular Shades ?
Contact us at 262-643-8484 and schedule a free in-home consultation. We will bring the showroom to your home!