Wood Blinds or Shutters?
Should you purchase wood blinds or shutters for your home? Both are excellent choices. Choosing between them can be a matter of taste, your lifestyle and what you want out of your window treatments.
Let’s review the key advantages of each.
Wood blinds offer a warm, natural look to their surroundings. Ranging in slat sizes from 1 inch, 2 inch, and 2-1/2-inch, wood blinds are offered in a variety of designer paint colors, natural stains and rich finishes. Wood blinds add a touch of richness and elegance to any room in your home!
Wood blinds also add market value to your home with their own aesthetic signature! They are priced significantly less than their shutter rival, so if your budget stands in the way, these offer a pleasing alternative. We even carry “shutter blinds” that have the look and size of a shutter louver for less!
Wood Blind Features:
- Extensive selection of today’s most popular trim paint finishes
- Rich spectrum of natural stains and finishes invoke luxury and sophistication
- Custom color-match existing wood trims and finishes in your home
- Easy to clean with occasional feather dusting
- Energy efficient, since wood is a natural insulator
- Ability to control the amount of light entering a room
- Wider slat sizes offer a more traditional, shutter-like appearance at a fraction of the cost
- Beautiful selection of decorative wood valances and cornices can turn your window into a fine furnishing
- Available with cotton cloth tapes in rich solids and decorative patterns for a great way to incorporate color and fashion
- Available with motorization and cordless lift systems for added safety and convenience
Our custom Plantation Window Shutters add a touch of class, timeless style, and aesthetic beauty to any environment. When comparing the many window treatment options available, shutters are considered by many to be the all-around best and most complete solution.
It’s like adding fine furniture to your windows. Shutters are also the ONLY window covering that actually add coveted resale value to your home. In addition, they offer superior insulation, reducing heat/cold transfer from your windows to your room. They are also great for sound absorption, reducing noise pollution.
Our beautiful interior shutters are available in real wood, composite, and durable faux wood for your various needs and tastes. Different louver sizes include 2-1/2” for a more traditional look, 3-1/2” for a more contemporary look, and 4-1/2” for the ultra-modern look. With an impressive selection of options and upgrades, shutters truly add elegance and sophistication to any home.
- Provide a very decorative, timeless look
- Operable louvers allow you exceptional privacy and light control
- Provide excellent visibility—larger louvered shutters provide a virtually unobstructed view
- Our real wood shutters are made from the highest grade of North American hardwoods
- Our faux and composite shutters look like real wood, but their premium synthetic materials are able to resist high humidity areas, fading and cracking
- Superior design adds a layer of extra insulation to your windows, keeping heating and cooling costs down for greater energy savings
- Heavy-duty construction ensures long life
- Perfect solution for large windows, specialty shapes, and arched windows
- Cordless to ensure child and pet safety
- We can match any paint color or wood finish to complement your decor
- Shutters are the ultimate window covering choice for increasing the value of your home, since they are actually considered a fixed part of the home, and not an accessory.
So, in the battle between wood blinds and shutters, which is the winner for your home?
If you still don’t have a winner yet, we’d love to help you make your decision during your complementary in-home consultation.
Give us a call at 262-643-8484 and let’s get started making your home beautiful!